Monday, April 11, 2011

The Depths of Humility & Back Again

Seems my last post was a journey into the world of deep deceptive fantasy. Ouch. I have met the loser and it is I. Thought I was a little better than it turned out. Of course, the avoidance of hills over the last 2 or 3 months was bound to show when I signed up for a race entirely set on the side of a hill - the big one on which the Liberty Memorial is set. Toward the end some of my breathing was downright alarming. At least I wore my RoadID emergency contact information plastered on my wrist. With these stats I probably am committing fraud to even call myself a "runner". Maybe a "jogger" after all... Oh man I can't go there. Speaking of stats, they will most certainly not be posted here!

So, there. Now I have wallowed in it and whined electronically and verbosely. That is that. The time has quickly arrived to fix it. I have already identified my next race, with adequate time to train and improve. I will race again on May 7 in Olathe, Kansas --- 26 days from now in the Kansas Heart & Sole Classic 5K run. (If I read the course map correctly, this one will be much less "hilly" than the one I just ran.) That gives me time to focus my training better, fix my recently disgusting diet, and participate in some of the Wednesday evening and Saturday morning group runs. I am not done yet. Yah!

No comments:

Post a Comment