Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Umph

Time to get back outside! Thanks to DM I am painfully aware that February 2011 was my lowest mileage month since beginning to keep records last summer. That needn't have been. Sure there were all kinds of scheduling crunches and, indeed, it was the shortest of all the months. But, just 1 or 2 additional short outings and I would at least not have come in last! Instead of posting any PBs I have a new PW. Plus my weight is floating upwards a bit more than I want it to thanks to my drive to keep the sugar industry profitable, and I am eating animals with abandon. Maybe it is today's nice temperature and sunshine, but this slothful pattern stops right now. At this very moment I return to being a steadfast vegetarian, and throughout the month of March I will log a minimum of 1 mile all 31 days - if only to give joy to my tiny (and slightly plump) spotted dog by walking her. And at least 3 times each week I will run 3 - 7 miles. Plus this is the month I take the next "real runner" step of implementing tempo and interval track runs. I already feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment